Data Protection Notice
This Privacy Notice is issued by KEPONG INDUSTRIAL PARK SDN BHD (319651-U) (“the Company” or “KIP”) and/or its related companies (collectively “Group”) pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). The Group respects and strives to protect the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data.
In this Privacy Notice, “Personal Data” has the same meaning as ascribed to it in the Act. All references to “we”, “our” or “us” shall refer to any of the companies within the Group and “you” shall refer to you including such other persons or entities for whom you represent and have provided or will be providing Personal Data.
1. INFORMATION AND OUR COLLECTION
1.1 The Personal Data in relation to you refers to and includes any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and/or your transactions with us and may include information such as your name, national registration identity card number or passport number, age, address, contact details, gender, race, nationality, occupation, your employment details, income, email address, marital status, children’s details, credit cards’ details, lifestyle details, details of your properties and loan or credit facilities details.
1.2 We may obtain or collect your Personal Data from various sources including but not limited to:
- through your relationship with us, such as information provided by you in application forms, when using our products or services;
- through your verbal and written communications with us and/or our authorised agents;
- information from third parties;
- information obtained by us independently by lawful means;
- information from such other sources in respect of which you have given your consent to disclose information relating to you; and
- information you have provided to us howsoever.
2. PURPOSES OF COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
2.1 The Group collects, keeps and use your Personal Data for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- to assess your application(s) /request(s) for our products and services and to facilitate your purchase of our products including purchase of our products and rental of our properties;
- to better manage our business and your relationship with us;
- to meet our contractual obligations with you and to enforce our rights and entitlements under any agreement with you;
- to provide you with information on our and third party products, services and offers which may be of interest to you;
- to provide you with information about benefits and changes to the features of products and services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you;
- to respond to your enquiries and complaints and to generally resolve disputes;
- to update and improve the accuracy of our records;
- to meet the requirements of any law applicable to us;
- for our internal management purposes including for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- for any other purpose that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities;
- where a service and/or product provider, requires in order for such service and/or product provider to perform functions, obligations or services as required by the Group or under the laws, rules, regulations, by-laws and/or guidelines or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments or a third party requires in order to ensure compliance with agreement(s) or document(s);
- for audit purposes and for any due diligence which may be conducted by third parties on the Group;
- for making any disclosures which we may be required for any of the above purposes or by law; and
- to contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we may feel interest you.
2.2 Please be assured that we will ask for your consent before using your personal information for a purpose other than those that are set out in this Privacy Notice. We may either contact you for the purpose as set out in 2.1 above via telephone calls, emails, text messaging, post, facsimile, social media or by whatsoever form of available communication.
3. USE AND DISCLOSURE
3.1 As a part of providing you with our products and services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose your Personal Data to the following:
- Any company within the Group and any associated companies including their employees;
- the Group’s advisers and consultants including auditors, lawyers, accountants and other professionals employed by any company of the Group;
- the Group’s business associates including suppliers, customers, contractors, joint venture partners, insurers, advertisers, property management companies, service and product providers,
- any relevant authorities (governmental and/or non-governmental), statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, any organisations or relevant financial institutions,
- any companies and/or organisations that assist us in meeting our contractual obligations and/or processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions that you have requested; and
- your own advisers (including but not limited to accountants, auditors, lawyers, financial advisers or other professional advisers) where authorised by you.
4. CONSEQUENCE OF NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
4.1 If no or no sufficient Personal Data is supplied to us, the following may be consequential:
- We will not be able to provide or provide in a satisfactory manner, our services or products to you;
- We may not be in a position to meet our contractual obligations with you;
- Your ability to enter into any agreement with any of the Group or the performance of your obligations under such agreement may also be affected;
- Your application or request to Group for any of the above purposes as set out in 2.1 above may not be accepted or acted upon or your request to browse some information on the Group’s Website may be denied or the Group will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services and/or perform its obligations under any potential or existing contract with you.
5. RETENTION AND SAFGUARDING OF PERSONAL DATA
5.1 We will keep and use your Personal Data in a secure manner and we will endeavour at all times and wherever practicable to have appropriate safeguards and procedures to prevent unlawful use of your Personal Data.
5.2 Your Personal Data you will be kept retained by the Group either in hard copy form and/or stored in servers and computers of the Group and we shall keep your Personal Data so long as we need to comply with and fulfil the purposes stated in 2.1 above or so long as may be necessary in compliance with the relevant laws and/or accounting requirements or to protect the Group’s interests.
6. PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER
6.1 Where we consider appropriate, we may transfer your Personal Data to the other members of the Group or to any third party service or product providers located in Malaysia or other countries.
6.2 Any Personal Data transferred pursuant to 6.1 above will only be used for the purposes as set out in 2.1 above and may only be disclosed to parties stated in 3.1 above.
7. RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
7.1 You have the right of access to your Personal Data held by the Group on payment of a prescribed fee as provided in the Act.
7.2 You shall also have the right to correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
7.3 Any request to access or to correct your Personal Data may be made by letter in writing and sent to the address stated below:
|Address||:||Unit B-6, Blok B, Tingkat 6, Menara Kip
No. 1, Jalan Seri Utara 1, Sri Utara
Off Jalan Ipoh
68100 Kuala Lumpur
|Attention||:||Ms. Rachel Loh|
7.4 Please also note that Group may exercise its discretion whether to permit the corrections requested and/or may require further documentary evidence of the new information to avoid fraud and inaccuracy.
7.5 If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the Group for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in 2.1 above or for the disclosure of your Personal Data to the parties stated in 3.1 above, you may send your request in writing at address stated in 7.3 above and we shall take all reasonable steps to comply with your request.
8.1 If we do not receive any response from you within fourteen (14) days from the date we sent this Privacy Notice to you, we shall deem that you have approved and consented to our use of your Personal Data in the manner provided in this Privacy Notice.
8.2 Please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, the Group may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law and as required under contractual conditions.
9. PERSONAL DATA OF ANOTHER PERSON
9.1 If you give us Personal Data about another person or entity, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
- give consent on his/her behalf to our processing of his/her/its Personal Data;
- give consent to the use of his/her/its Personal Data in the manner as provided in this Privacy Notice; and
- receive on his/her/its behalf any data protection/privacy notices.
10. REVISION OF PRIVACY NOTICE
10.1 This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time. Notice of any such revision will be given on the Group’s website and/or by such other means of communication deemed suitable by us.